Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCD Sensor - Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

auto_mitch

Hello!!!
i would like to take some pictures by using a CCD Sensor and by a controller, transfer them to the pc's hard disk. I am sure that for image's transfer to pc i need software (Visual Basic, Delphi or something like this).
Can i transfer the images and save them to a memory card of a digital camera??? Could be possible???
Any idea or information will be helpfull!!!
Thanks!

auto_mitch said:
Hello!!!
i would like to take some pictures by using a CCD Sensor and by a controller, transfer them to the pc's hard disk. I am sure that for image's transfer to pc i need software (Visual Basic, Delphi or something like this).
Can i transfer the images and save them to a memory card of a digital camera??? Could be possible???
Any idea or information will be helpfull!!!
Thanks!

It's perfectly possible, you first have to read the sensor, then transfer the data - so your first job is to find how to read the sensor, the manufacturers datasheet should help you there.

Once you've got an image stored in the controller you then have to transfer it to the PC, the easiest way would be via RS232 - but it's quite slow if you're using high resolutions, in that case USB would be better, but it's far more complicated.

But I would suggest you use RS232 initially, if you find it too slow you could upgrade to USB later - RS232 is so simple it won't cost you anything to try!.

CCDs were made to be driven by a controller driver. For example as an analogy in LCDs you have embedded inside comercial ones the HD44780 controller, then you deal with this one not with the LCD.

I really don´t know much about CCDs, but as an example of it you can see DS16510 ic. That is the controller driver that you can find inside many webcams.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/01/16510.pdf

I don´t know if you want to do all the stuff from scratch, but at least here in Argentina you can not get CCDs alone in the market. So what it is done usually is to modify a webcam for your own purposes. Some are better thant other to accomplish this item.

You can search for modified cameras for astronomy. I suppose you can manage to send the image to a memory card, but I don´t know wich format must be used in order to read it later in a USB card reader for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back