Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCD camera interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshafi68

dear friends !

i am final year student of electronic engg in sir syed university of engg and technology.my fyp is vehicle collision avoidance system.according to my project i have to detect the objects,near the left and right side of the vehicle by using metal detector or ir detector also want to capture the images ,so kindly anyone tell me how to interface CCD camera through avr AT90S8515 microcontrollor.

Look at the datasheets.

We don't mind helping you but we won't do all of the work for you. Please post what you've already done including any ideas you've had and we might be able to make some suggestions. If you've got completely no idea then may be it's your lecuturer's fault and it isn't right that you make him/her look good by cheating and copying from the Internet.

first of all AT90S8515 is a piece of shi*. it's from the last millennium. Take something more up to date (like ATMega88 or even bigger. www.armel.com is the place).
secondly CCD camera is a piece of ****. ;) take something that has an interface already (like a SonyEricsson mobile camera) and interface that via SPI or TWI (can't remember what it it used). examples are in AVR freaks forum (DO NOT POST THE SAME TOPIC THERE!!! I'LL GET YOU BANNED).

third you should really rethink of what you have to do to recognize vehicles in Pakistan. I somehow doubt they all look like ones (see image above).

anyway... good luck ;)

armel?
Try Atmel =)
www.atmel.com
Good chips.
Actually CCD's are very very rare nowdays, almost everything is based on cmos sensors now (completly different manufactoring techniques) CCD's can be better if you need low noise I think but they're much more expensive to manufacture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back