Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cblock variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

I've noticed that the amount of variables declared under "cblock" has a direct effect on the execution of call procedures within my code. I found that using "ODD" numbers of variables causes the application to literally freeze. If I add one more variable under the "cblock" list, (to now make it an EVEN number of variables) the code executes 100%

Application: Pic 16F628, 4 MHz xtl, MCLR enabled, Brown-out enabled.

Has anybody experienced this type of behavior before?

CBLOCK and CALL are not related so I don't have any idea what is happening in your program. Post your code so we can have a look.

SPDCHK said:
I've noticed that the amount of variables declared under "cblock" has a direct effect on the execution of call procedures within my code. I found that using "ODD" numbers of variables causes the application to literally freeze. If I add one more variable under the "cblock" list, (to now make it an EVEN number of variables) the code executes 100%

Application: Pic 16F628, 4 MHz xtl, MCLR enabled, Brown-out enabled.

Has anybody experienced this type of behavior before?

CBlock doesn't really 'allocate' anything (assuming you're talking GPR's?), it merely provides text string substitutions, just as 'equ' does.

As 'phalanx' suggested, post your code - I wonder if you're doing something 'strange' with the 'CBlock' directive?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back