Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Casio WK-210 Keyboard Won't Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimshaky

I've got a Casio WK-210 keyboard that will no longer power on with the AC adapter or with batteries. The day before it stopped working, I did have some odd behavior where it became unresponsive and the display was flashing. I turned it off, replugged the AC adapter, and then powered it back on to get it going again. I had noted at that time that the AC adapter looked loosely plugged into the outlet. Sadly, the next day, it would not power on at all.

I have a modest amount of electronics knowledge (took one community college class), but am not very knowledgeable in troubleshooting. Upon opening the keyboard, I did see that a couple of capacitors seem to be bulging on top, so I have ordered replacements.

In addition, I found a CTK-4000 service manual online, which appears to have some of the same boards. I see that there are some fuses mentioned in there. I can get continuity across FU2, but cannot get continuity across FU3. With that said, I am also having a hard time getting continuity across some of the small resistors, so it could be that my lead placement is not precise enough on this tiny fuse.

Here are my questions while I am waiting on my capacitors. Is there anything else that you would try to look at to get started? How do people deal with one of these tiny fuses if they are blown?

I have confirmed that the power switch does have a good connection to the monostable multivibrator, like it is supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back