Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Carson CP-10FK-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandypants

Hey new to the forum but it seems you all really know your stuff.

I have a Carson CP-10FK-1 in my 95 jayco popup. I want to know about it. Fuses all are good, and everything fully works when plugged into commercial power.

When I'm running off the battery my heater works, fridge does not and neither does any AC OUTLET. (When plugged into commercial power, fridge,heater,and AC PLUGS WORK.)
--so is my carson unit defective?
--When plugged in to commercial power will the carson unit recharge the battery?

What is a Carson whatever?
What is a jayco popup?
What battery?

Imagine for a moment that total strangers in countries nowhere near where you are might not know what the heck you are talking about. Then think. Then write.

ak

Many people on these forums talk in abbreviations and most of us do not know what they are talking about.

And point that out to the new people is one way of reducing it.

IMHO

ak

I think the op means a charger/ac power supply thingy.

Hi Sandypants

Welcome to ETO. you're right, the guys on here certainly know their stuff.

Have you seen the attached ? Might help, with identification if nothing else.

I don't believe this unit is an inverter so you will not get AC power unless hooked up. Fridges often have a selector between AC or DC power ? Any chance of a pic of the fridge control panel ?

S

Attachments

• Carson_CP-06FK-1 Manual.pdf
    159.1 KB · Views: 2,190
Last edited:
Yes I have the pdf for the carson cp-06FK-1. though simular it's not my unit.

I have a 1995 popup camper made by jayco. In it my power supply AC TO DC is a Carson CP-10FK-1.

I wanted to know when my camper is plugged to Comercial power will the unit recharge my battery. It is a deep cell 12V.

Second question is when I switch to battery power non of my AC 110V outlets work. (They only work when plugged to Comercial power. Seems that maybey unit is broke? No hung or excess heat or any type of indicators of the unit being broke...)

Hi Sandypants

Welcome to ETO. you're right, the guys on here certainly know their stuff.

Have you seen the attached ? Might help, with identification if nothing else.

I don't believe this unit is an inverter so you will not get AC power unless hooked up. Fridges often have a selector between AC or DC power ? Any chance of a pic of the fridge control panel ?

S
I will try to get pix tomorrow. Yes I also wonder if the power unit is a non inverter and only a ac to DC converter.

Morning SP

I have been caravan/Rv user for years and I can't recall seeing an inverter in this setting. I think a problem would occur with the tax on the battery and without hook up there would be no means to recharge. I believe the Carson will charge your battery when hook up is present.

The fridge - It is common for mobile fridges to operate with AC mains/ DC battery/ LPG and there is usually a selector switch on the front panel often marked with some symbols that only the manufacturers are able to decifer ! In my current caravan the fridge works on AC hook up most of the time, but if that is not available then it is necessary to move the selector switch to the battery setting which in my case is a small rectangle - presumeably to represent a battery shape.

Are you in the UK ?

S

The Carson AC to DC power pack is not a battery charger. It has a "Conv" switch to feed 12.5V rectified AC power or the battery to the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back