Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Carging SLA batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I recently bought a small trickle/float charger that can charge batteries from 15AH to 150AH (at like 13.5vdc).

Would it be safe to use it to charge my 12v 4.5AH SLA batteries with it? If i put them in parallel, or is that not a good idea?

I know one battery is in good condition, but i am not sure sure about the other one... i plan on buying 2 brand new SLA batteries soon (for random projects)

Last edited:
or should i buy something like this? **broken link removed**

ok. thanks. I will charge one at a time,,,

will my float charger work?

ok. thanks. I will charge one at a time,,,

will my float charger work?
I question that it will be suitable unless you monitor the charge voltage.
If it never exceeds 13.8V it will work fine, but if it exceeds 13.8 it must be removed when the charge current = the capacity of the battery/100.
For a 7AH battery this is 0.07A. If you don't remove it the battery could become overcharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back