Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

card punching

Status
Not open for further replies.

samidha

hi there!!
im samidha and i wanna do a project on card punching,the one that is used to verify password and then let in the user after noting the time.
do tell me sites that could be of help to me.
thnks anyways.

hi!!
i saw ur website but i couldn't find anything abt card punching.here is what i want.
i wanna design a machine based on microcontroller (such as used in companies) where when a user comes he'll swap the card,the code on the card would be matched.if the code is mathched then the time of his entry would be noted.there would be some other circuitry which would let in the user if the password matches,but im not interested in the later part.
plz help me.
thanking u in anticipation.
samidha.

In other words what you want to do is have a magnetic strip reader that reads a card like credit card. from there you will go to a circuit that anilyzes if this is the correct #. I culd probably use a computer for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back