Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car stereo question

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadstar

not sure if you guys could help but I'm at a loss. Just thought I'd give it a try. My stereo turns on all seems to work okay but no sound comes out of the speakers, not even a hiss. I'm going to hook up an ipod to the speakes so I can rule them out. But to be honest with you I already know they work fine. What else could be the cause. I've messed with the balance, fade, checked for all the obvious stuff: wire connections, speaker on/off buttons... Anyone have any input or is it just time to but a new radio????

thanks for your input

chris

roadstar said:
not sure if you guys could help but I'm at a loss. Just thought I'd give it a try. My stereo turns on all seems to work okay but no sound comes out of the speakers, not even a hiss. I'm going to hook up an ipod to the speakes so I can rule them out. But to be honest with you I already know they work fine. What else could be the cause. I've messed with the balance, fade, checked for all the obvious stuff: wire connections, speaker on/off buttons... Anyone have any input or is it just time to but a new radio????

At a guess I would assume the output amplifier has died?.

I would not hook the ipod up to the speakers. Too much of a load on it might damage its output..

I had to fix one for a friend that did that.. And it is really small inside that unit.

Soulds like the final stage of the amp to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back