Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car stereo input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now MP3 is king of the formats and I don't see how it can be beaten.
It may be king but it's not perfect, since it uses lossy compression to store the data, which generates artifacts that are noticeable when listening to MP3 music on a quality sound system. As memory becomes cheaper I would think there would be more use of one of the lossless compression schemes, such as FLAC. That gives you CD quality at about half the storage requirement of a CD (wav file).

Yes, I forgot about FLAC.
I wonder if the same thing will eventually happen to digital cameras; will they start using PNG rather than JPEG when memory carts start to come in Terra byte sizes?

Maybe even the same thing will happen to video but that's a long way off from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back