Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinpruente

I would like to mount a 7 inch lcd screen im my car to monitor fuel pressure, turbo pressure, oil pressure, actual engine temperature, and the temperature outside. i would like them to be laid out with actual numbers at the bottom, and vertical bar graphs above them. i do not have much experience with lcd screens, and i have all of these guages in my car, so i have all the sensors. Anyway, its probrably a stupid project. i just wanted to get it out in the open.

Take a look at OBDII readers and you may find what you want already done. AutoTap is one of the mfrs. There are others. Several have tried and succeeded at building their own. The PC types require just that, a PC of some kind.

Here's an interesting link.. or two
**broken link removed**
In car computer obd2 / mp3

http://www.scantool.net/
OBDII Pic interface to RS232

If you want to get rweally carried away ..
have you considered mounting the screen in HUD mode?

that would be crazy to mount it in hud mode. anyway, ive estimated the whole project will cost about 600 dollars, and since i already have the guages, i could just remove them and buy digital guages, and they would be the same, except for the graphs. I would like to build a linear amplifier for my cb though, because i want to push at least 100 watts transmit and 50 watts recieving. does anyone have any plans, or any clue as to how this is done?

dustinpruente said:
I would like to build a linear amplifier for my cb though, because i want to push at least 100 watts transmit and 50 watts recieving. does anyone have any plans, or any clue as to how this is done?

A linear has no effect on receive, and '50W receive' is totally meaningless!.

As far as I'm aware (and certainly in the UK) a CB linear is illegal, but you can generally buy them for very little money - far less than you could build one for!.

**broken link removed**

For all your footwarming needs :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back