Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car mmobiliser safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonW

Dear All,

I have searched and read the forums regarding home made car mmobiliser.

Being experienced in electronics, I will be able to put some relays in series with the cars starter soleniod and ignition.

I will be using the wonderful PIC to control relays and to have access control.

How can I ensure that the relays will not revert back to the immobilised state while I am driving??.

Is there any other signal in a car which only becomes live when the car is running that I can incorporate into the PIC cct??

Cheers

SimonW said:
Is there any other signal in a car which only becomes live when the car is running that I can incorporate into the PIC cct??
Cheers
what is meant by 'running' , engine on or car moving?
engine on->ignition signal/alternator
car moving->some use electric signals for speedometer

hello
i think u sould speacial automotive parts.
or just add a triac in serie with the ignition key(also if ur pic turn crazy , the car can still running but cannot be restarted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back