Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car cd player using cd-rom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
tinil said:
plz help me out
any body have a ckt for car cd plyer using cd-rom and amplifier

I can't say I've seen any specific car ones, but there are various projects on the web for using CD-ROM drives as audio CD players, this link uses a PIC16F877 to control it **broken link removed**.

most cd drives have audio output and can play an audio cd without the computer.
but most of them don't have control buttons for playback....:(

bogdanfirst said:
but most of them don't have control buttons for playback....:(
on one of my old cd drives all i have is an eject/stop and play button... altho it doesnt say what track is on etc

anti-skip and damping

One thing to consider is the environment the CD drive was designed to be used in. Nowadays, most portable CD players feature some kind of anti-skip circuitry. Standard computer CDROM drives are used on a stable surface, and I doubt they have this feature. You may get better results from a portable CD player.

Re: anti-skip and damping

laroche73 said:
One thing to consider is the environment the CD drive was designed to be used in. Nowadays, most portable CD players feature some kind of anti-skip circuitry. Standard computer CDROM drives are used on a stable surface, and I doubt they have this feature. You may get better results from a portable CD player.

good point. wudnt be so bad if the car was parked up somewere...

i did that using a creative infra cd rom drive which has all the cd-player button on its face and comes with an optional remote..u simply need to wire from the streo output or analouge output from the rear of the drive into the appropiate circuit of ur cd cassette player amplifier.. if ur car cassette player is equippied with a cd-in jack.. then it would be a breeze to do that :lol:

you are right about the buffer thing.
my cd-rom has 2 buttons to. same as mentioned before. but it is hard to use them...
and i have tried a cd-rom drive ..not in a car, but outside of a computer. i can tell you that it stops at each move, so it is not good for a car, unless you can make some shock absorbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back