Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car audio Vu meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikki1211

hello, i was searching around the internet for a VU meter or how i build it but i don't understand much, or nothing about small electronic stuff like this, anyway,

i need a VU meter for my car, its needed to be DC powered, 12Volts, and i want a microphone to register the sound. and i don't know how they did this but i want something like the guy on this video have, or something else.

search for "car vu meter" or any search engines, (sry i'm not allowed to post urls)

i have tryed to use google but i find alot alot of stuff about this and i don't have the time to start reading and understand how things work so i can make a VU meter. so i'm looking for a Person who could build something like this to me, or something like this.

and sry for bad english but i'm from Norway so i try my best.

thx alot.

Since you don't know anything about electronics then you should spend a few years learning about it or buy a kit of the project you want.

If you understand schematics then just go to images and type in stereo vu meter and you'll find one like this one. But it isn't two channels... It sums up both channels into one and displays it on two seperate sets of LEDs. If you want a it to display left on one and right on the other set then you'll have to separate the audio and build two circuits. **broken link removed**

Last edited:
If Mikey Mike's VU meter uses 2V red LEDs then the IC will melt if a high input signal causes all the LEDs to light. The IC will attempt to dissipate 2.3W! It should have a resistor in series with the supply to the LEDs to share the heat.

Hmmm... good catch.. I wonder if he's melted any yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back