Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAR AUDIO HIGH POWER SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumitrescu

hello i am new here:)..i have some questions about high power amplifier.
i am willing to make my own subwoofer amplifier for my car but i can;t find any good full schemes on the internet, i need at least 150-200W RMS for the amplifier.
the second project i wan;t to be the amplifier for the 4 speakers i have (jbl)
but first i need a good car subwoofer amplifier..i don;t wanna buy one, so..i need to built one
does anyone of you know any good links about this?it need-s to be at most 4ohms...8ohm are to much for the woofer and is useless..
i would apreciate very much if u could help me:)
thank u

Here's an audio site with lots of amps. First you need a step-up power supply like this: **broken link removed**

Gaston said:
I dont think you could build one of the same quality for the price you could buy one

I agree. In this age of mass production, even after the markups due to marketing, profit, etc... it is almost invariably cheaper to buy than build, for anything very complicated at all. The engineers who design things like car amplifiers have to spend a great deal of time doing so, and without any experience, it would take you even longer. There is a good reason why many engineers can be heard constantly reciting the phrase "don't reinvent the wheel"... if you really want to spend hundreds of dollars, and months (if not years) trying to design a complete car amplifier from the ground up, with no past design experience in that field... Then maybe you should consider some college education on the matter. If it's any testament to the complexity of some of this stuff... at my school, it is not until the third year of EE that you learn enough to design useful transistor amplifiers... let alone huge 200-watt ones :lol:

one important thing to note is that even if someone gave you a complete schematic, it would probably not do you any good. the odds of it working right the first time are pretty slim... and the odds of it randomly blowing up are pretty high... in other words, you are going to have to know how to debug the circuit. a car amplifier is going to have quite a lot of components, so it's not going to be very simple to debug... you are definitely going to need a thorough understanding of its operation to do so. and if you are just trying to build it from someone else's schematic with no knowledge... well you're probably just wasting your time and money.

Gaston said:
I dont think you could build one of the same quality for the price you could buy one

Yes, they are available for far less than the price of the parts you would require.

However, be aware that car amplifiers (and speakers) are MASSIVELY over rated - is you want 200W RMS look for at least a '500W' amplifier or a '1000W' one - these should probably manage 150-200W RMS.

I should also VERY CAREFULLY check the ratings of your speakers, if they don't state RMS on them you need to derate them substantially, at least 50%, if not 75%.

thank you 4 the answers:)..i am new in this area..but my father is skilled in electronic ,but he doesn't have the time to search these 4 me..so..i'm trying tu find the scheme and the pieces i need..and i-ll have his support in this..and i-m doing this like a hobby(not yet a hobby)..a foolin' around at this time..
all i need is the subwoofer;s scheme ..because 4 my 4jbls i-ll get a MacAudio or JBL or DLS...amplifier..but i don;t have that money yet....so now i-m playing....a thing that upsets me is that i don;t find any cheap 2-4ohm woofers 4 my project..i find only 8ohms:((
in Romania..the car audio sistems are very expensive....i-ll have to look out more..but once again i want to underline..i just want to experience..so..i-ll be more experimented when i-ll get a new car..and i can buy new trademarks pieces.
if any of you has car amplifier schemes i am interested..and the mono ones are easyer to built....
you can find me on the yahoo messenger : hatedogg_me@yahoo.com ,and the same e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back