Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car audio head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asjad

Dear Friends,

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of a magnetic head demagnetizer from?

Does anyone know which type of audio head are commonly fitted to car cassette players e.g.

Mini head/Normal Stereo head

Cheers

Cassette player?
You mean a tape player like was used about 30 years ago? :lol:
MP3 players in cars don't need tapes and demagnetization of the head.

Correction

Dear Mr audioguru,

Yes I am referring to the primitive tape player.

At the moment my budget is limited, therefore I have to make do with this primitive technology.

Any relevant feedback

Regards,

Re: Correction

Asjad said:
Dear Mr audioguru,

Yes I am referring to the primitive tape player.

At the moment my budget is limited, therefore I have to make do with this primitive technology.

What makes you think the heads need demagnetising?.

Correct design rendered this pretty well obselete decades ago!.

A really old 8-track tape player???

Many years ago I saw kids' tape recorders that dragged a permanent magnet across the tape to erase it. Their head became magnetized but they sounded so bad that nobody noticed.

The last tape recorder I saw used such a high bias current for chromium and metal tapes that it erased any magnetism of the head.

News Flash: some people (particularly us college types) actually do have limited budgets and cars from the 90's. To contribute to my charity fund, send $25,000 in unmarked bills to my P.O. box.

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but Radio Shack (demag search) stocks them. Don't know if they ship international.

DigiTan said:
News Flash: some people (particularly us college types) actually do have limited budgets and cars from the 90's.
What a difference!
Canadian University kids drive brand new BMW's, Mercedes's and Jaguar's. They bought all the ipod MP3 players shipped to Canada and bought many more counterfeight ones. Their little brothers and sisters go around wearing big belt buckles with bright scrolling text. They also have MP3 players glued to their ears.

???
In Canada, all RadioShack stores have been closed and a few were taken over by Circuit City and called The Source.

When will everyone realize the superiour sound of vynil?

Dr.EM said:
In a car!? :lol:

Actually it's been done! - a LONG!!!! time ago. Philips used to sell an in-car unit called an "Auto Mignon" (although I wouldn't swear to the spelling!). It was an in-car dash mounted unit that accepted 7 inch, 45 rpm, records!.

Talk about spinning the ones and twos with your hands at 10 and 2. :lol:

MikeHibbett said:
Are you sure that photo isn't from one of those black and white birthday cards :eek:)

I've never seen one of those before. Nigel, did you work on those in the uk?

Yes, they were sold in the UK, in fact when I started work in 1971 we had one in stock at work!.

Bear in mind, they pre-dated cassettes or 8 tracks, both of which were fairly late. In fact, long before compact cassttes or 8 tracks appeared there were a number of completely different cassette formats - none of which (as far as I know?) ever made it to in-car.

Ahhh the pure sound of analog

Now here's another product that never quite made it....

and before you ask, yes that really does fit a 5.25 inch drive bay.

Attachments

• plusdeck.jpg
    plusdeck.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back