Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Audio Display Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

caddiests

I need some help please in the plan/equipment required to build a system to play a small music sample.

Push a button and play 2 minutes of music (flashdrive?), then push buttn again and it stops, push again and it plays from the beginning again.

The amplifier we use can accept any low voltage MP3, I-Pod in.

THats it! -But I just cannot find anything off the shelf. Could use a MP3 player but I want a simple button so a customer can do just that - press a button.

Also like a large volume control.

Next issue is the selections of 3 speaker sets... I was going to use the old style mechanical audio selector type. Push one button on, and it turns off what ever other button is on. But I am finding this hard to find? Could this now be done electronically?

I am building x90 of these - so if anyone could help here, would be most appreciated.

Best Regards
Peter
pe@brandtech.co.nz

Last edited:
You need to specify what kind of quality you need. Is it stereo/mono. What audio format ? Does it need to be one time recordable or can the user change the audio ?

I used one of these in a project recently

uMP3 Playback Module | Rogue Robotics

Which I think will do what you need.

Trouble is, it's a bit pricey especially if you want 90 of them. But it does work well and there are digital inputs that you can use to play back a file when you press a button, rather than having to communicate with it via RS232. If you do the latter of course you have much more control over it, including the ability to set the volume in software. The design is based on the VS1001 chip which is discontinued, but it's now been replaced by the VS1002. This is the chip that you would find in most MP3 players I believe, is quite cheap in itself, and relatively easy to use by the looks of it.

I spent quite a while looking for an MP3 player solution before I found the uMP3 module by the way, I also wanted something cheaper but in my application the price wasn't a huge issue. If anyone finds anything similar, but cheaper, then I would certainly be interested in knowing about it!

-CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back