Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Amp, DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bug 3y3'z

okay i have schem's for a power switching thingy, im hot and tired so i forgot the term, gimme a break, but it turns 24vDC to 120vAC @ 60H. now i wanna hook a amp that runs on 120vAC@60H to this power thing, it has a 120vAC-25.2vAC CT@2A powering it.

is there a way i can replace both tran's with 1 tran and run it off my car batt?
(the schem for the 24v switcher has a step up system to make 12vDC into 24vDC)

specs
24vDC-120vAC
input 12vDC
output 120vAC @60 hertz

thats all i know about this one, still doing research.

25.2 vAC CT @ 2Amperes
SPECIFICATIONS:
Input 120VAC 60HZ
Output (load) 25.2VAC C.T. @ 2A
Output (no load) 27.7VAC
Current (load) 760mA max
Current (no load) 140mA max

The 2A current spec is max output current at 25.2 volts AC (which is 50.4 Watts). 760mA is the full load input current at 120 volts AC (which is 91.2 Watts). So at full capacity, about 91W in, about 50W out. Evidently the remainder of the power becomes heat, which is consistent with other reviewers' reports (40-41W will warm up pretty fast and pretty hot).

Attachments

• inverter.gif
    inverter.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 413
edit

now i added the schem for the amp too, its not real detailed, i drew it up in paint myself.

Attachments

• Amp Schematic.gif
    Amp Schematic.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 491
That inverter circuit is completely useless - just buy a car amp, they are available at VERY little cost, far cheapoer than you could build anything comparable.

The 25.2V center-tapped transformer produces a power supply that is plus and minus 16.8VDC.
With this power supply, the LM1875 IC produces only 12W into a 4 ohm or 8 ohm speaker.
Each amplifier produces 10W max of heat.

Most ordinary car radio amplifier ICs produce 15W into a 4 ohm speaker and do not use a transformer.

If you buy a car radio amplifier that says 200W then its output is actually 15W per channel but it has 4 channels.
Manufacturers lie about power ratings. 200W is 200 Whats which is a total of only 60 Watts.

The 25.2V center-tapped transformer produces a power supply that is plus and minus 16.8VDC.
With this power supply, the LM1875 IC produces only 12W into a 4 ohm or 8 ohm speaker.
Each amplifier produces 10W max of heat.

Most ordinary car radio amplifier ICs produce 15W into a 4 ohm speaker and do not use a transformer.

If you buy a car radio amplifier that says 200W then its output is actually 15W per channel but it has 4 channels.
Manufacturers lie about power ratings. 200W is 200 Whats which is a total of only 60 Watts.

indeed, was this a reply to the guy above you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back