Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capture the flag Curcuit, Looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoaust

Hi folks, my level of electronics doesn't fall into the design category as its a hobby and not a main aspect of my vocation in life. As a result i can udnerstand diagrams and put together all the bits and peices, but designing them is not my cup of tea.

As stated in the heading i need to create a stand alone capture the flag curcuit for a few different games i run involving lasertag and other things.

Essentially

3 lights, a neutral white or yellow LED light, one team being a red light and the other team being a blue light.

The scale goes from one teams colour, to white/yellow.

When a button is pressed (Red or blue) and held for x amount of time it will move the light, from white/yellow to the chosen colour. If the light is red and blue team button is pressed and held for the x amount of time, it will change it back to white/yellow. If held for x more time periods it will then switch to the teams colour.
Alternately it can skip the white/yellow process except right at the start.

The above is the simple version of what i want to achieve.

Extras to the above would be...
Set a timed game for x amount of minutes, with it a score keeping aspect is added so that every x time period it scores what team has the point at the time. Also has a end time button to end time quicker than set and calculate scores. Once the game is ended the winner will be represented by the appropriate teams colours flashing.

Also to the above is a way to scale the points. So as the game gets nearer to the end the score value of capturing the flag increases. Scaling only works to the timed system so any premature ending will not recalculate scores just add what has happened.

Visual effect of when the button is pressed a rotating or led chaser system as well. Albiet i think i can just use a LED chaser kit for this part.

If some one can give me help on this it would be much appreciated.

Sounds like an easy job for a microcontroller (PIC, AVR etc) or an Arduino. Do you have a friend who is skilled with any of those?

You could possibly do it with hardware logic ICs etc but it would be a lot more work and be larger and less flexible, harder to change features etc.

I'll have to admit the IC is the way to go but i still have no idea how to set up the curcuit. I am software more than hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back