Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor Identification Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragon Audio

Hello everboxy, I am having a hard time trying to Identify some of these capacitors... I really havent had to deal a whole lot with chip type smd caps..... There are 4 types of caps I need to find out what the ratings are, So that I can find a replacment cap, Because as of right now i dont even know what to look for...... The markings on the caps are,,,

16L

another

16L

another

cza

another

10g

------------------
There are also 2 other caps I cant figure out what to replace with, On the Picture attached , they are the red capacitors (Through hole) The markings on these read

250me

Does anybody know what I should replace these with.

I also have some very small through hole caps (Orange) that have 3 connections going in to the board and the markings on these are 2.2 100v..... Is that 2.2 picofarads 100v? And whats up with the 3 prongs through the board????

Any help would be awsome! I just need to find somthing to replace these with, and I dont know what to look for, Especially with the Chip Smd caps I dont understand the values at all...

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• REDCAP.jpg
    REDCAP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 618
100 most likely 100p but could be 10p

10 possibly 10p

58 possibly 58p

470 possibly 470p or could be 47p

104k 100n

Well, I was having a few Issues with my audio periphial..... Whenever I Enabled channel 1, The channel would spike uncontrollably. The whole time I was Clipping, It's like a resistor or transitor went out.... but at the same time it could be a cap that lost all of it's resistance as well.... Also on my Line outs that are used for the monitors, Only 1 monitor worked, and 1 Trs worked....... Pretty much the whole 1st channel crapped out on me.... Anyhow, I opened up my unit, and the 1st thing I realized Is that The capacitors being implemented were cheapo "G-LUXON" Capacitors!!! I was like Wtf?? This Is what I'm recording my Audio through? Also While having the thing I decided I should review all the components that were being used in this thing.. So I did, I found many components that were being used to be Obsolete, Such as my Optocoupler and Inverters, etc I also found out that the Opamps were really cheap.

I went and replaced all of the regular caps with Elna Silmic Audio capacitors and whatever cap I couldnt find in Elna, I replaced with Nichion Kz series audio caps....

There are so many of the SMD chip style caps on the motherboard of my phy, but I could only find SMD chip stlye caps made for a "General Purpous" applications..... Well my Audio is still traveling through these caps, and that sucks..... So I am actually kind of modifiying some Rubycon capacitors that I can Implement in a surface mount situation.....

I tried to round up as many used Rubycon and Nichion caps that I could find off my spare electronics here at the house and use them.... When It comes to Audio applications Electrolitic caps tend to sound alot better when they have gone through a certian amout of "Burn through time" ......

Thats why I replaced my caps..... I have not dealt a whole lot with smd stlyle caps to know the values, so I was asking if anybody knew, because on my modified SMD caps I want to make shure I am in the right ball park for my replacment canadits.....

So there ya have it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back