Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok this should be a simple question. A shame i cant answer myself heh...

How do i calculate what Capacitor and Resistor to use to create a delay in power up?

I want to create a circuit that will filter the power rail until its stable and then supply uC with power.

They sell POR devices but im sure i can simply create a RC filter to do ensure stable power before startup.

Are you familiar with capasitor charging formulas?

You can always use a simple combination of a resistor/cap+zener + BJT to power something after a short time after voltage has been applied. However, this assume that power supply voltage rises fast when you turn it on. Otherwise, it takes longer time to turn on than you've calculated.

thanks heh i found:
**broken link removed** and **broken link removed**
thanks to your link

so a 10k and 1uf should be about 10ms startup time right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back