Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Capacitor esr tester 2011-09-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE7IT

VE7IT submitted a new article:

Capacitor ESR Tester - This project was conceived as a way to enhance the collection of test equipment on my test bench. I

This project was conceived as a way to enhance the collection of test equipment on my test bench. I buy a lot of older HP test gear off ebay as well as older radios. Most of this gear is 25-60 years old and needless to say, the condition of the electrolytic capacitors is somewhat suspect. I needed a way to quickly weed out bad caps with an in circuit tester.

What is ESR?

"ESR" stands for equivalent series resistance. ESR is one of the characteristics that defines the performance of...

Read more about this article...

Your schematic doesn't show the meter or the zeroing pot. Is the pot actually a rheostat in series with the meter? Can this be used with a DMM (or a VOM) instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back