Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor dissipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I want to build a wireless charger for my wireless mouse. I found a nice writeup here.

**broken link removed**

The author used mica caps, but they are expensive. :(

The question is can I use a film capacitor in place of the mica one or do I need to worry about the dissipation factor in the cap running at 125KHz. ?

Film capacitors should work fine at 125kHz as long as the voltage rating is adequate.

You could try a film cap, with the circuit supply initially at a reduced voltage. Switch off and immediately test for warming of the cap. If no problem, repeat with successively higher supply voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back