Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't upload project file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Gretchev

Forum Supporter
I tried to edit a project in Articles and found I can't upload a new zip file. I get a message that a security error occurred.

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 269
Are you using an illegitimate version of software?

What software are you referring to? I am using a legitimate copy of Windows 7. My browser is Google Chrome. What else is required to upload a project file? This all worked fine before.

I mean the ZIP file--what exactly is in it? You said "Project Files" which suggests to me you were using certain software to work on the project.

I am modifying a previously uploaded zip file of a software project written with mikroC PRO for ARM compiler which is legitimate and protected by a USB dongle. Other documentation files include pdf, docx, and xlsx, all produced with legitimate licensed software.

In that case just rename the file by adding ".FILE" to the end. Then it should upload, and whoever downloads it simply needs to remove the ".FILE" from the name (so that only xxxx.ZIP is left) and they should be able to view the files.

EDIT: This won't work after all. ETO doesn't recognize the ".FILE" extension.

Have you tried re-uploading?

Try adding a '.txt' extension to the file name.

There are 212 files included in the zip file. I am not about to go adding .txt to each and every one.

No, not to the individual files. To the ZIP file. It's not that hard :p

".TXT" is a known file extension to ETO, so you won't get the "Unsupported file type" error.

How big is the zip file?

I just tried adding .txt to the .zip file and it gave me the same error. The combined file is 15 megs. I also tried to break out the documentation files from the compiler files and still I get the same error message.

OK, I got it uploaded. It was choking on the datasheets for the microcontroller. I removed them and split the file in 3 segments. I don't know what it has against the datasheet but its quite big (one is 21 megs and the other 5.8 megs). Anyway, someone should look into the limits of the articles page and publish what they are. I am good for now.

I am sure that if you take the pain of composing a .pdf document, it would be much less heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back