Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can't program my device

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazic

hi, i need some help here please...
i'm trying to program an ATMEL at89s53, i'm trying to use this programmer: https://wiredworld.tripod.com/tronics/atmel_isp.html
i've connected only the necessary pins of the atmel that uses to program it (GND, VCC, XTAL1+2, MOSI, MISO, RESET, SCK), the vcc of the atmel and the 74245 supply is from 7805. crystal freq is 7.3728 MHz(with 2 20pf caps), and the programming software i use is ponyprog2000. the error i get is "DEVICE IS NOT RESPONDING".

atmel datasheet: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/12/at89s53_ds.pdf

I am not sure if you actually need to hook up the crystal to use the programmer ..

Code:
Pin         Description 
RESET       Used to reset the target system under the PC's control. 
SCK         The serial data clock 
MOSI        Master Out Slave In, used to send data from the PC (master) to the AVR (slave). Data is                    transmitted on the edges of SCK. 
MISO        Master In Slave Out, used to send data from the AVR (master) to the PC (slave). Data is                    transmitted on the edges of SCK. 
LED          The PC makes this line high to indicate that programming is occuring. Not used in all                    systems. 
PWR         Can be used either to provide power to the target system during programming, or for the                     programmer to draw power from the target system during programming. I use it to allow the                         programmer to draw power from the system.

i think that the spi clock is automaticly selected by the ponyprog2000, (i think under the calibrate option).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back