Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cant identify these components

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpb

I was trying to see if I could repair my water heater and came across these two components. I'm pretty sure one is a cut-out and the other the thermostat.

The cut-out (I think) looks like this,

**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

While the thermostat is an Emicol T40 series (**broken link removed**)

The thermostat has this marking on this - 1.7 and 21.06 while the cut-out has this - 1.35 and 21.06. Can somebody please help me understand what these markings mean and if I have to buy a replacement what should i look for?

In the U.S. we go to the home improvement store and show the parts to the clerk. He knows where the water heater parts are stocked for sale.

Are you sure the part is bad? If it is shorted then you know it will pass current until you heat it to the cut-out. If open, you will get to hot water. Did you ohm the heating element? They can burn open over time. I have fixed a number of them for friends and all were the heating element, not saying your cut-out is not open, but check it with a meter. The home improvement store will not check it, but they will sell you all the new parts you need until you fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back