Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cant design a thermistor as an interrupt source

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman1

I need a design a circuit that includes NTC as an interrupt source for MCU.
When it gets warm, the MCU pin needs to receive 3.3V.
I have to power sources for the circuit, and can use one of them - 3.3v and 5v.
the MCU pin can only sink up to 4mA.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

More:
I havent picked a right NTC yet, i'd like it to be around 10Kohm, but its not a must.

Last edited:
I though of something like that:
untitled-gif.26575

Where R1 is the NTC.

Edit:
What is your opnion? :)

To Blue.
I'd like to use resistors only, i needed to mention it in topic.

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    2.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Yes - what's "warm"? What's the NTC curve look like? Without a comparator you are goofing around with poorly defined trip points over what may be a uselessly small range for that digital input port.

Blue.
Why is it a trouble for the MCU to receive analog input within its range limit?

duffy.
The NTC is NCP15XH103F03RC, its B is little above 3000. R0 is 10Kohm

Current's not the problem, it's the undefined trip point voltage between Vhi and Vlow.

Never heard of that one. Can you point to a link, or tell me how to find it? There's 57,600 results for "analog" on the site, none of the combinations I tried showed me the link.

I've used analog signals on digital pins many times for the quick and dirty A/D trick where you time an RC circuit. Never heard of an issue with the current.

Last edited:
In the undined region an input transistor acts analog which draws too much current. At least that is what I recall.

Could you please explain what you said?
I didnt quite understand it.
What transistor are you talking about?

*PLUS:
Why does it sink too much current over its limit?
I'm defining the input pin of MCU as tristate, so whats the problem?
(and even if i defined it as pull-up/down, still why would it draw more current?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back