Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't connect to the PK2-LITE

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi

Hi all,
I've built the PK2 LITE circuit and I've installed the picKIT2 application from Microchip web site.
But, the application cann't identfy the Circuit,
even when I plug-in the USB cable to the PC, the Win. doesn't recognize nothing, no sound or window is opened.
where can I find an istructions how to use the PK2?

Another question, the +5v in the circuit is comes from the USB or should I connect an external voltage source?

TNX, your assistance will be appreciated.
Avi.

Did you program the 18F2550 ?

Hi all,
I've built the PK2 LITE circuit and I've installed the picKIT2 application from Microchip web site.
But, the application cann't identfy the Circuit,
even when I plug-in the USB cable to the PC, the Win. doesn't recognize nothing, no sound or window is opened.
where can I find an istructions how to use the PK2?

Another question, the +5v in the circuit is comes from the USB or should I connect an external voltage source?

TNX, your assistance will be appreciated.
Avi.

Yes, i've programmed the PIC2550 using ART2003

But, it still doesn't work..
my PC even doesn't recognize nothing when I plug in the USB cable to the PC

All the USB needs to see a PK2 is a programmed 18f2550 a 20MHz crystal and caps , plus the USB connector and .47uF vreg cap. There are some versions of the schematc with the D+ & D- pins on the USB connector reversed.

It still doesn't work

It's driving me crazy ...:eek:
I've reproggramed the PIC18F4552, and I've checked the circuit again..everything is OK..
Windows doesn't detect nothing when I plug-in the usb.

When I press SW1 (RB5 pull down) and plug-in the usb, then the Windows detects some un-recognized usb connection, and the "busy" LED blinks for a few sec.

I really don't know what to do...pls hlp.

TIA,
Avi.

I've reproggramed the PIC18F4552, and I've checked the circuit again..everything is OK..

When I press SW1 (RB5 pull down) and plug-in the usb, then the Windows detects some un-recognized usb connection, and the "busy" LED blinks for a few sec.

TIA,
Avi.

What is a 18F4552? The Lite schematic uses a 18F2550

@Bill of Blueroomelectronics,
Sir, what is this PK2 LITE?Is it part of Junebug less tutor?

TIA,
Avi.
Many times I saw cases whether D- and D+ wires of USB get interchanged? Even published articles from Elektor have issued corrections Later.

please check carefully. the USB B socket pin counting confuses, seeing from bottom or top. In USB A it can be clearly located pin adjacent to Ground is D+

Last edited:
Sorry, I mean PIC18F2550...

-------------

TIA,
Avi.

Have you checked the D+ and D- lines, as Sarma suggested?

One less problem to rule out.

It doesn't require any special drivers; it'll appear as a simple HID device like a mouse. Run the PICKit2 standalone software to see if it sees it.
You must have the .47uf cap and it must be a 20MHz crystal. The flashing red led should only flash if you hold down the button before plugging in the USB.
How did you initially program the 18f2550?

Fox Delta No Power Parallel Port Programmer:

**broken link removed**

It's a LVP only programmer. 3VO an I had a discussion on if this would work. My opinion was no as it would always appear the button was pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back