Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CANON POWERSHOT G9 wont power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1111

Hi everyone
My Canon G9 died suddenly! Probably a screw came off and shorted or the DCDC board or the main board.
I found many articles in internet that help me and so I disassembled the digital camera: I checked one fuse in the DCDC board but it was OK.
Does anyone know if I can check other components?
I'm looking for the electrical diagram of the boards: can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance.

Finding schematics for consumer electronics is very difficult to impossible, and for something like a consumer digital camera the chances of you finding them are virtually 0. Only thing I can suggest is take a GOOD long hard look at everything you can see, clean it up dust it off start from the power connector and work your way through everything you can disassemble, be meticulous and through, and even then there's still a decent chance you won't find what's going on, or you could find it immediately.

Watch for bulging capacitors especially in the power supply section, you said you checked a fuse you found but keep an eye out for scorch marks anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back