Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Canbus wiring problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bengaz

Hi,
Hope I am in the correct forum here.

I have a problem that you may be able to help me with.

I have installed a high intensity distcharge burner to my motorcycle.

The bike has a canbus wiring system that recognises a failure in the lamp should it blow.

After the installation, the bike now thinks the headlamp is blown and issues a warning lamp on constantly.

I have been advised that I may be able to install a part (resistor, capacitor or something) that may fool the canbus into thinking the original lamp still exists and shut off the headlamp warning.

Has anyone any idea what I need to add.

I am an electrician but not familliar with electronics but can give you more info should you require.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

No, dont know what one is.
The ballast was just connected across the standard lamp terminals.

The hid light works fine and is supposed to be 50w the halogen one is 55w(low beam) and 60w(high beam), hi and lo cant opperate togeather.
The hid light is just 1 beam with a solenoid to raise the lamp for high beam.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I've heard some of them can be fooled by putting a 5 watt resistor across the HID ballast power pins, as the CAN controller test is a low current test to see if the filament was ok. It may not work on every vehicle but it seems to work on some.

From memory they used a resistor permanently conencted about 1W dissipation I think you could try a resistor 150 ohms 5 watts.

I've heard some of them can be fooled by putting a 5 watt resistor across the HID ballast power pins, as the CAN controller test is a low current test to see if the filament was ok. It may not work on every vehicle but it seems to work on some.

From memory they used a resistor permanently conencted about 1W dissipation I think you could try a resistor 150 ohms 5 watts.

when you say "power pins" do you mean the supply side or the output high voltage side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back