Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Canada University

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedail

hello all
is there anyone can help me to choose which the best collage in canada to complete my master in computer engineering field i am interessting in Digital world

To get into the best collage, you need to learn how to make complete English sentences with proper spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.

What is Digital world?

thanks my frind
the best collage is not depend of my english and if i want to complete my study in canada i can enroll in english course for one year the i can complete my study

the answer should be like this:
the best collage in engineering field in canada is XXXX but my frind u have to improve ur language skills

:)

No fedail crut correct, you should by now know english better than you've so far shown. It's the scientific language around the world.
You said "I am interesting in the digital world" Not I am interested in digital electronics. The meanings aren't even close in comparison.

Mind you this forum requires the use of the English language in it's postings. So while the best college in Canada does not require good understanding of English in this forum it's the language that is required, you should respect that, and if you're having difficulties with it you should discus it with someone that knows it better and then post.

University of Waterloo is highly regarded for their computer science programs.

Lemme try.

Engineering university ranking wise, top one is Univ. of Toronto which is the largest one in Canada. Look here the rankings:

1. Toronto Univ.
2. Waterloo Univ.
3. McGill Univ.
4. UBC etc..

This is what I'm getting from a famous college website. That will definitely help you.
At Centennial College, we are teaching students how to learn first.

Many students (and even some professors) in Canadian Universities can barely speeky zee Engrish.

I was thinking the same thing. A few decades back when I was in the US university system
we had a good many foreign students that spoke little or poor English. I do not mean to
detract from the ones with good and excellent language skills.

Many students (and even some professors) in Canadian Universities can barely speeky zee Engrish.

One of my daughters professors (she's at York University) is Japanese, he also speaks English, Russian, Greek, French, German - and christ knows what else :D

Seems a pretty impressive character, and he's also got four different degrees.

I remember when I was at Uni the pass rate in Law for British people was 95% or so, for the foreign students it was 50%. It stands to reason that if you can't speak English very well you can't write written answers in an exam very well. Given the cost it did make me wonder why they came. Trying to learn a new language and get a degree must be very difficult.

This may have changed, I know Universities want the cash so I can only see the pass rate must have gone up. It certainly did for British students, it was a case of turn up for the exam and not write complete drivel and you pass.

Best University in Canada? Haven't a clue.

I remember when I was at Uni the pass rate in Law for British people was 95% or so, for the foreign students it was 50%. It stands to reason that if you can't speak English very well you can't write written answers in an exam very well. Given the cost it did make me wonder why they came. Trying to learn a new language and get a degree must be very difficult.

This may have changed, I know Universities want the cash so I can only see the pass rate must have gone up. It certainly did for British students, it was a case of turn up for the exam and not write complete drivel and you pass.

Presumably you haven't tried to get in to Uni recently :D

My daughter applied for five Uni's and was made offers by all five within two or three weeks - but this was EXTREMELY uncommon.

Lot's of her fellow sixth form students were turned down by multiple Uni's, despite many been forecast (and achieving) straight A's at A level. Maths was the hardest subject to get accepted for, and was what Melissa was originally going to study, but she changed her mind and applied for Chemistry instead - and accepted a place at the 5th highest rated Uni in the UK for Chemistry (and in the top 100 worldwide).

I can only go from what I hear about York, and it's VERY tough there (at least in Chemistry) - and if you're late handing an assignment in, they deduct 10% of the marks for every day you're late!.

It's a popular place for foreign students as well, but most come speaking pretty decent English anyway - I doubt any come any try to learn English from scratch once they are there.

Last edited:
I like to think with all of the grade inflation that has gone on in the last 20 years my 2:2 degree is worth a first nowadays :D

I did physics at Leicester Uni. I was offered CCC to go there and got BCC. Well done to your daughter, I can see you are very proud, I have atleast a 16 year wait before my progeny gets to think about going to Uni. I was actually at York University Science Park for some business last year, it's one of my favourite cities and a great place for day trips.

I like to think with all of the grade inflation that has gone on in the last 20 years my 2:2 degree is worth a first nowadays :D

I did physics at Leicester Uni. I was offered CCC to go there and got BCC. Well done to your daughter, I can see you are very proud, I have atleast a 16 year wait before my progeny gets to think about going to Uni. I was actually at York University Science Park for some business last year, it's one of my favourite cities and a great place for day trips.

Physics is tough as well, at York Chemistry and Physics are the only two course were students are offered the chance of University accomodation for the third year, because the work load is so high, you can't afford the travelling time. I think a medical doctor is probably the only tougher degree?.

BTW, Leicester was one of the Uni's she applied to, and was her second choice - but York is higher rated, and such a beautiful place (and has newer labs!).

University of Waterloo is highly regarded for their computer science programs.

I don't want to sound biased here, but I would agree, based on what i have heard. No disrespect for the U. of Toronto , etc. intended.

Send me a PM if you have further questions about the U of Waterloo and the surrounding community in general.

I have been living in the city connected/adjacent to Waterloo (i.e., Kitchener) for several years.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back