Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you wire multiple ac adapter outputs into series/parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdraughn

Well, the title pretty much says it all. I have a few identical 12v DC adapters, and I would like 24 volts for a device I would like to try out (says it needs 24 volts for charging). By the way, this is my first post, I know im going to spend hours reading all these posts. I am just starting out and have many plans on the projects and Ideas I want to build.

Thanks much.

If they are regulated adaptors, series-yes, parallel- NO (the linear regulators inside will fight each other over the line due to slight differences between them during manufacturing).

If they are unregluated, series yes, parallel-yes.

Make sure they all have the same current capacity rating, either way. Differences in current rating due to tolerance will make the one with the highest capacity work slightly harder than the others but it should be okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back