Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you help me name these parts of a SKOPE 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madiarasias

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to draw out a wiring diagram of this 2.4 kilowatt heaterand theres some parts I cant name, I have the product codes here ..
Anyway to begin with I'll describe it : The phase wire supply comes in to the chocolate box terminal then out towards the heating element where it enters into a white ceramic box about as big as a childs thumb, it is stamped 'Microtemp G4AM0600'. The phase comes out there and into a similar size ceramic box with a penny sized metal plate sticking down towards the heating element, this one is stamped '5900074'. Thence the phase wire goes back to the dial switch thingy.
Now from this dial switch there is a phase going to the element and a neutral going back to the supply, which is fine. But there is also another, smaller, phase going from the dial switch to the heating element, and it plugs in to a spade terminal right next to the main phase.
Now I'll just go on and on ...... There is a 3rd phase going to a thin metal plate mounted on plastic just above the switch contraption, it is stamped '155CTB1577B 16A 250V' and it goes back to the selector switch. There is a 4th phase which supplies the fan motor and on its way there it goes through someting stamped 'irh PW 20 470 R K'.
So finally thats everything.phew.
I'd like to know what is/are:
1)The microtemp G4AM0600 thats wired in series with the 5900074 between the supply and the selector dial
2) The 155CTB1577B that is on a loop of wire coming in and out of the selector dial
3)The irh PW 20 470 RK that is between the selector dial and the fan motor
4)The smaller phase wire that goes from the selector dial to the heating element.

Thanks for your time, google hasnt helpled me identify these things so even and educated guess would be appreciated.
XD cheers

I can tell you the microtemp G4AM0600 thats wired in series with the 5900074 between the supply and the selector dial is a thermal fuse link. There should be a number following that number with the fused temperature. That is all I could find. Some pictures would make this much simpler.

Ron

I can tell you the microtemp G4AM0600 thats wired in series with the 5900074 between the supply and the selector dial is a thermal fuse link. There should be a number following that number with the fused temperature. That is all I could find. Some pictures would make this much simpler.

Ron
Yep it says 104 C on the thermal fuse link. Unfortrunately I've just installed Ubuntu and I dont kow how to post any pictures, i know they would help a great deal, but thanks for that answer anyway, as long as I can name a few of these things on my wiring diagram I'll be happy.

So even if you guys could guess at what these things are that would be awesome. It really doesnt matter to me if you guess wrong, i'm just trying to get a basic idea of how the heater works, or hypothetically works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back