Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can this change speed of my 350w blower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

**broken link removed**

I have a 230v 350w blower and want to control the speed of the motor. Am I able to do that with this kit? The motor is connected to a normal 230v net from house

Depends on what type of motor it is. If its a shaded pole or capacitor run multi speed type like a common box fan or furnace fan uses it may work but it will likely need a power factor correction a capacitor sized to that motor in order for a phase angle type speed control system to work with it.

If its a normal single speed motor with a centrifugal starter switch inside it then no it will not work.

Depends on what type of motor it is. If its a shaded pole or capacitor run multi speed type like a common box fan or furnace fan uses it may work but it will likely need a power factor correction a capacitor sized to that motor in order for a phase angle type speed control system to work with it.

If its a normal single speed motor with a centrifugal starter switch inside it then no it will not work.

hmmm how the hell would I know that :) Its a cheap chinese motor that runs a blower to a jump fortress for children.

All I know is that it is single phased, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back