Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone ID this Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARINE1142

I picked up this display because I thought it looked cool, but I have no idea how to use it,power it up, work it or nothing can some help me out. It is a Deco graphics module Model M26x256 there is a pic of one on ebay here is the link

**broken link removed**

Any help would be great.

Last edited:
I can take a picture but until i get home the back of it has two wires red and black and then has a ribbon cable like the one's inside a pc that go from the main pc board to the cd drives

Here are the Pic it is a 25 double pin for a total of 50 pins any help would be great. Would love to use it but dont know how or what voltages to hook it up too.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3059.JPG
    IMG_3059.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3061.JPG
    IMG_3061.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 228
My guess would be the red wires are for the filament voltage...Black? umm dunno..could be a ground wire...The ribbon cable will connect to some form of microcontroller..

Try Googling VFD display...you may get some hits on what voltage is need for the filament voltage...

VFD's were common in VCRs...as well as other domestic apliances..Dunno what this could have come from..

Some info here worth a look..........
https://hem.passagen.se/communication/vfd.html

Last edited:
Ahh...now I see(should have looked at the pictures...) I just followed the Ebay link...

Still dunno...ermm Red and Black...power?

Dont recall seing that type of display in a payphone...but then I never had need to use one when I was in the States last :D

Well if you guys had this part and wanted to run some tests on it see if you can get it to work. What would you do. I was thinking putting maybe 5 volts dc to the red and black wire to se what that does.....and thats about all I got for now.

I was thinking putting maybe 5 volts dc to the red and black wire to se what that does.....and thats about all I got for now.

Have you told the local electrical supply authority? ( I can just see all the lights going out....:) )

Go for it....I'll look out for the red glow in the sky and black smoke plume that follows... :)

Good luck..hope you're well insured :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back