Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone help me ID resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wikusm

Hello all, im new to electronics, I got a UPS from someone and it seems the power is the issue here, this resistor to the left is right by where the power comes onto the board from the transformer. I believe the resistor is fried and would like to replace it, but I cannot seem to calculate the values of it. If I am correct the colours are Brown, Red, White, White, Yellow/Gold

Would appreciate any help! :) thanks

**broken link removed**

If the resistor were fried, it likely would have a burned look. Can your measure across it with an ohmmeter?

I suspect something else is the problem.

Hi,

You probably have to read them right to left, not left to right, which makes one of them 49.9k, 1 percent, and the other 4.99k, 1 percent, but that one band on the left resistor may be orange too which would make that one 49.9k too. Check those colors out. I can tell that the right resistor is yellow, white, white, orange, brown, the orange is orange and not red because you can see what red looks like by looking at the resistor above it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back