Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can some explain this diagram connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

proaudiosoft

can someone explain this diagram to me. its a pic microcontroller connection to a 360 controller. I understand the 3 volts going to the pic, but why the resistors and 3 volts past the switches? is it a workable circuit?

Attachments

• xbox-turbo-mod.jpg
    xbox-turbo-mod.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 169
but why the resistors and 3 volts past the switches? is it a workable circuit?

The two 2.2k resistors going to 3.3V are called pull-ups. They keep those lines at a high logic state until something else pulls them low. The remaining two series resistors limit current, and are likely for protection of the PIC chip.

I don't know if it's workable. I don't know what the rest looks like, nor what a 360 controller is. But fundamentally it looks fine.

The two 2.2k resistors going to 3.3V are called pull-ups. They keep those lines at a high logic state until something else pulls them low. The remaining two series resistors limit current, and are likely for protection of the PIC chip.

I don't know if it's workable. I don't know what the rest looks like, nor what a 360 controller is. But fundamentally it looks fine.

Thanks corey, I appreciate you time. since your input I am def goint to give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back