Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can optoisolators function well in a protoboard/breadboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

variaseng

Hi, I am thinking of using optoisolators for my circuit, but I am not sure, what kind of configuration I need so I'm thinking of testing it first on a protoboard. Do optoisolators function well in breadboards? Thanks very much!

What frequency are you working at? The largest problem in regards to signal integrity is noise, crossover, and capacitance due to the large parallel tracks. At low frequencies and large signals (high s/n ratio) breadboards can work quite well.

About 1kHz to 6kHz. So at these low frequencies, optoisolators can work well? Thank you very much!

hi,
All types of Opto-isolators will work OK on BB's, in this frequency range

Just watch out if you are using high voltage. If you are switching, say, the mains, the clearance distance between the tracks on breadboard is not wide enough. Bitter experience. Bitter, bitter experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back