Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several clarifications with respect to can messages.
1. There are CAN messages with raw and physical values. What exactly is the difference. I keep getting confused with these terms.
2. In can messages they have a multiplication factor and offset. Why exactly they're there? In my program once I receive these messages can I process them as it is or should I multiply them or divide them and while sending out should I again multiply them?
3. And most important what is intel format and Motorola format in this messages?
Please help.

There is nothing like that in the CAN specification. There is a single data frame which transfers 8 bits of data. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus#Data_frame
Raw and physical values and motorola vs intel are properties of the data protocol that uses CAN as a transfer medium. You need to specify what that protocol is if you want to get any answers.

There is nothing like that in the CAN specification.
"CAN" works better if you keep the string tight.
funny-iphone-5-new-features-tin-can-string-technology-funny-pinoy-jokes-photos-2012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back