Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can JDM program 12F629? Do I need an adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eirikr

Hi all,

I was searching for info on programming 12F629 with the JDM programmer, but all web pages that I found are in Japanese... Does anyone know how to do that?

Any help will be appreciated!

well...knowing JDM programmers, your hardware should output :

:MCLR/VPP -vpp via pullup
:5v -vdd
:Ground -vss
:Data -gp0
:Clock -gp1

These suit the the 12f series. Note:VPP has a pullup resitor.

I'm getting this out of a magazine, so i'm confident that this is reliable. The pinouts should be available on the datasheet.

Hi Pike,

Thanks for the info. Does that mean I can just plug the 12F629 into the same pins that said 12C50x on the JDM schematic? (**broken link removed**) Or do I need ICSP adapter?

eirikr said:
Hi Pike,

Thanks for the info. Does that mean I can just plug the 12F629 into the same pins that said 12C50x on the JDM schematic? (**broken link removed**) Or do I need ICSP adapter?

The 12C50x use the same pins as the 12F629, so it should be fine (and is on my P16PRO40).

Can i ask you what programmer you are using ??? I mean the software programmer.??

My cheapo homemade programmer just doesn't work with the 'F629 of 'F675. :(

the 12F seires are more fussy than the others about the value of Vpp, teh data sheet says 12v instead of 13v, i've found this to be a problem in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back