Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can it be done and how

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_tp

so i recently came across an old laptop and just for the heck of it decided to butcher it, i now am left with the screen, i was wondering if there is anyway to say use it as a regular screen an adaptor of some sort to make it so i can plug in an rca or some such, any help would be awesome, otherwise... i just have a screen

I doubt it. Recycle.

you would also need to be able to salvage the inverter.

i was also curious about this, since i have an old laptop lying around that dosnt work, but i havnt found anything or any proof that its possible.

you would also need to be able to salvage the inverter.

i was also curious about this, since i have an old laptop lying around that dosnt work, but i havnt found anything or any proof that its possible.

It's 'possible' but certainly NOT simple, and I wouldn't have thought it's cost effective at all.

I guess you would need to write your own driver for the display. I'm not sure if the displays themselves are equipped with any kind of intelligence (like a regular graphics display for example) or if everything is done in software on the PC side. Either way you're looking at a lot of work! And you'd need access to datasheets for the display itself.

Brian

Seperate the active matrix from the plastic frame, and use it to make an adjustable light transmissive window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back