Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use an MC68HC11 E20 to control a CDI for a car. How (noob).

Status
Not open for further replies.

260z

I have a range of parts that I managed to scavenge and that chip is one of them.
It is mounted on a board already and I thought (noob) I could change or use some of the descreet components fitted, to make a programmable ignition.
I know anything is possible if you put your mind to it but I have no experiece with these and a kick in the right diection would be helpfull.
I think it has been used for a display as it sits next to a display driver and aside from the specs off the data sheet thats all I know.
Basically all I need is to be able to delay the signal from an induction pickup in the dissy to "fire" the coil.
I know I can buy a kit but it is quite expensive when you need to couple the ignition to a coil driver and then get the programming lcd box of tricks. It adds up.
Anyway food for thought any help would be gratefully acepted, thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back