Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I replace a 1000pf 200V Aluminum Electrolytic with a Tantalum of equal value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bteddy

I have a T.V. with a bad cap across the output of the full bridge rectifier.

It is a 1000pf 200V Aluminum Electrolytic. I can not find a replacement any where.

What other type of cap could I use in its place?

I know the voltage rating would have to be the same or higher.

But what about the capacitance? If I change the type would I have to increase or decrease its value?

Thank for all feedback

Digi-Key Part Search
30-40 cents for what they have in stock.

Are you sure it was the cap that went bad or did one of the bridge diodes blow taking out the cap? Make sure before you order or it'll just blow again.

Last edited:
is it 1000pF or 1000uF (micro farad)?

if 1000pF, you get many 1KpF/600V etc in Mica and Box type polyester caps

It is 1000pf. It marked on the cap, it stated on the schematic, and verified by the manufacture. It was put on a leakage tester, so it is bad.

It is 1000pf. It marked on the cap, it stated on the schematic, and verified by the manufacture. It was put on a leakage tester, so it is bad.

You are unlikely to find a 1000 pF aluminum electrolytic capacitor. Can you upload a picture of the capacitor and the relevant part of the schematic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back