Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I replace a 1000pf 200V Aluminum Electrolytic with a different type cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bteddy

I have a T.V. with a bad cap across the output of the full bridge rectifier.

It is a 1000pf 200V Aluminum Electrolytic. I can not find a replacement any where.

What other type of cap could I use in its place?

I know the voltage rating would have to be the same or higher.

But what about the capacitance? If I change the type would I have to increase or decrease its value?

Thank for all feedback

First off, it's not going to be 1000pF, but 1000uF - 1,000,000 times larger.

But it's also EXTREMELY unlikely to be 1000uF, much more likely to be only 100uF in a TV, and it should be a fairly easy component to source.

Are you absolutely sure it's duff?, they do fail occasionally, but it's not that common a problem.

It is 1000pf. It marked on the cap, it stated on the schematic, and verified by the manufacture. It was put on a leakage tester, so it is bad.

It is 1000pf. It marked on the cap, it stated on the schematic, and verified by the manufacture. It was put on a leakage tester, so it is bad.

It can't be 1000pF if it's an aluminium electrolytic, the smallest is about 500 times that value - how big is it?, and can you post a picture?.

A 1000pF would be tiny, 1cm long perhaps, a 100uF would be 35mm film can size or larger.

If it is an electrolytic, and 100uF as I suspect - then it's likely to be leaky, electrolytics generally are.

1000pf is 1nf
The smallest aluminum electrolytic I can find on digikey is 33n.
So as Nigel said the capacitor you're looking at can't be an aluminum electrolytic. So either the value is wrong, or it's not an electrolytic cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back