Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I recharge button batteries with a series photodiodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
amerotke said:
Hi to all.. Can I recharge button batteries with a lot of photodiodes such as BPW 34 ( vishay)
In teory...y..but don't bother

with a handy button cell charger you plug into the wall...

of course you don't have one available. maybe if you explained your problem in more detail, you would get a good answer. remember that the quality of the answers is directly proportional to the quality of your question.

Sorry... I will make a telemetry system. I will put it ine a bracelet. I want it to be an independent from chargers. I want it to get energy from solar cell or photodiode... Thank you for helps

as in something worn around a wrist? wow, now that is a tough one. what is your space and weight budget? Have you looked at mechanical devices? back in the 60s, there were watches that had little mechanical arms in them that rewound the watch spring. normal movement kept the spring wound all the time. you might try a version with a magnet and a coil.

of course, very low power engineering is a must.

It will be an identification system same time.. I will use a maxim dallas transceiver and a microchip PIC. I know a gold artist. He will put solar cells or photodiodes as a diomonds on a gold bracelet and but circuits in it also.. I want this system to be efficient in 60 meters. It is enough for me

Hmmm....I've read about Wrist watches powered by....moving your hand (probably a induction thingy)..some company makes them. But might be expensive to buy one, and hard to get the mecanism.
Beter use a solar cell. You know...I bought some 5 years ago a poket calculator powered by 4 solar cells in a 20X5 mm panel.I don't know how to extract them from the panel.

the problem with anything photo is that it may spend much of the time covered - sleeves/cuffs, hands in pockets, gloves, under the table, etc. If it's for an animal, it may get dirt on it.

50 mA is significant - what kind of duty cycle?

amerotke said:
Will I can get answer?.. Can I recharge button batteries with photodiodes such as BPW 34

OK, lets do a little math:
open circuit voltage - 350 mV
short circuit current - 70 uA
ignoring that open circuit voltage will get pulled down, to get 3V (3.15) you will need 9 in series. To get 50 mA, you will need 714 in parallel (50000/70). so multuiplying those out you will need 6426 diodes.

of course, the voltage will be pulled down when closing the circuit and you will be unlikely get enough illumination to get the full current. so, I'd think about 10,000 ought to work but you will probably need to do some testing to determine the correct number.

so, the answer is yes. at mouser's 2K prices, that's only $3,910. and god help you looking for a bad solder joint.

Well...philba is right...the photo ideea isn't so good. And the curent ....Forget about the BPW34. These devices aren't made for this....ev use solar cells. And the wrist watch mecanism delivers few mA ..at most.

This current and voltage is circuits.. Circuits will use batteries as a electrical source. Circuit will work only for 1/3 second or less per minute. Photodiodes will recharge to batteries.. They wont let circuit work continually. My friend, say me please, Can photodiodes recharge to batteries?

No No No! U need a loooooot of bpw34 ...consider the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back