Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I connect this directly to PIC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMUGangsta

Ive been building my jukebox for a while now, mostly the box - but now I have my audio source sorted out im putting the electronics together.

I have lights that highlight parts of the front panel - and they were controlled by a relay - as this is an audio project - i dont really want to hear clicking whilst the music is play.

The lights are to indicate what mode the machine is in, eg 'Free Play' or 'Insert Coins' so its either one or the other.

I have attached a circuit that I tried simulating, and just need some clarification

Is this suitable for connection directly to a PIC pin (it goes in place of the 5v supply and switch)

Thanks in advance

PS the simulator recons that im only drawing 62.5mA through each 2n7000 is that right?

Attachments

• sch.PNG
    sch.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
You forgot to attach your attachment.

A transistor is a quiet relay.

DOH!!

Thanks AG, i guess it helps if you know what im trying to do, I have added the attachment to the original post.

The max allowed current from a PIC output is 25mA. The 10k resistor that drives the BC337 has a current of only 0.43mA so the PIC is fine.

But your LEDs either will not light, they might light or they might burn out.
Red LEDs are from 1.6V to 2.2V:

1) If you have six 2.2V LEDs in series then they won't light from a 12V supply because they need 13.2V plus 1.5V for the 56 ohm resistor.

2) If you have six 1.6V LEDs in series with the 56 ohm resistor then the current from the 12V supply is 43mA and the LEDs might burn out.

3) If you have four 1.6V LEDs in series with a 200 ohm resistor then the current is 28mA. The LEDs will not burn out.

4) If you have four 2.2V LEDs in series with the 200 ohm resistor then the current is 16mA. The LEDs will still light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back