Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I build an RF front end in say,2 weeks maximum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siyom

By RF front end I mean,FM filter,RF AMP and Mixers right down to IF.
Can it be done in 2 weeks maximum?

Not if you are learning as you go....

What frequency range? What sensitivity?

I would just hack a tuner out of an old FM entertainment receiver. Locally, I could get one of these for less than the price of a cup of coffee...

Do you have to build this yourself as part of a school project?

I have a sony radio that I bought,can't figure out how to take out the front end as it built on a single board as the rest of the components.

A lot of older, discarded (and some new) clock radio AM/FM tuners (not sure where you might find them in your location) have discrete components (IF cans, etc.) that could be de-constucted (or isolated) to give you just the front end.

<EDIT> Just had one open today (a GE model 7-4835B - time setting functions quit). It had a dandy miniature tuning cap that caught my eye. But all analog with standard receiver parts and layout.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back