Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I add a 18pF variable capacitor for a circuit which requires 22pF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I want to build this FM radio which requires a 22pF variable capacitor. I am not able to get a 22pF capacitor and instead there is only a 3-18pF variable capacitor. Can I use this instead of a 22pF variable capacitor? Also, if you guys have a FM receiver circuit with LM386 op-amp (only), please share it with me.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 8.12.53 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 8.12.53 AM.png
    708.4 KB · Views: 196
I am not able to get a 22pF capacitor and instead there is only a 3-18pF variable capacitor. Can I use this instead of a 22pF variable capacitor?
Yes.

I want to build this FM radio
I think that this circuit has been discussed already here on ETO, from what I remember, it does not work very well.

JimB

I agree that the very simple circuit is missing all the important parts of a real FM radio.
A very cheap Chinese FM radio is sold for $1.00 at The Dollar Store. It uses one IC and a few other parts. It works, but poorly. Look in Google for TDA7088.

Where are you finding the very simple horrible radio circuits?
The new circuit will have poor sensitivity but will be overloaded by strong local stations.
It has only one LC tuned circuit so it will have poor selectivity.
It has no FM detector but it detects AM and the AM level changes caused by its tuned circuit and caused by lots of static interference.

slope detected audio sounds awful, plus the fact you aren't learning anything about how FM radio is different from AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back