Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can eieio PowerPC instruction be used on MPC5566?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naseeam

Hi,

We have been using PowerPC eieio(Enforce-In-Order Execution of I/O) assembly language instruction on Freescale MPC500 Family Microcontrollers.
Can we use this instruction on Freescale MPC5500 Family Microcontrollers, for example MPC5566? If yes, do we need to modify any registers to make this instruction work?

thanks.

You'll have to wait while I check with Old McDonald.

Edit:
Old McDonald says "no eieio instruction on the MPC5566".
Check pages 3-20 and 3-21 of the e200z6 core reference manual.

**broken link removed**

There is no eieio instruction listed in the list of instructions sorted alphabetically. There may be another mechanism to do what you want, but I don't have the patience to go digging for it and Old McDonald says I've used up my quota of questions for this month.

Last edited:
Awww beaten to it

Old McDonald had a farm .........

e i e i o

And on that farm .....

Glad you have that rhyme over in the US :D

I'll betcha a green box he doesn't come back. Ahhhh...Cha..Cha..Cha
Here a box. There a box. Everywhere a box box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back