Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me what this is and where I can get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to repair my birdroom ionizer,more because i like messing with things really.I have been trying to get a part as its obvious its blown.can anyone identify it for me and tell me where i can get another one to replace it. Its a reddish brown component.its rectangular,being 20mm wide and 15mm high.it has the two wires,one each side corner which are not in pictures as i broke them off..It has a W inside a diamond shape.It also has 155j and under that it has 250mc. Not sure if this makes sense to anyone.can email a rather poor picture.Thanks 100_1520.JPG100_1521.JPG

Last edited:
The image is indeed very poor.
Could you take a better picture? Most digital cameras have a macro function (which has a flower icon) which allow you to take sharp close-up images.

Otherwise my guess, (and it's only a guess) this is a 1u5 cap. Most likely a film type.

Look like a small HV Capacitor with it's legs blown off.

Probably couldn't pay a gambling debt.

You gave me my laugh for the day!:D:)

Can anyone tell me what this is called.

I unsoldered it from a Gateway Laptop "Power Switch" It has Two legs on one side and three legs on the other.

Thank you in advance. :)

Attachments

• Gateway Power Button.JPG
    Gateway Power Button.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 143
^^^^
You'd probably get some help if you started your own thread, instead of hijacking someone else's.

;-)

Anyway, it's probably simply an illuminated switch - 2 terminals for switch contacts, 1 common LED terminal, plus 1 each for the two different colours used...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back