Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone suggest a good title for this project i'm working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan9890

Hi.. My idea is to carry forward a previous project of mine. It was a robot that could detect the direction of sound and move in that direction.. A 'sound follower' basically.
Now, i'm gonna use speech recognition to control it...
My project idea is as follows:

My bot, will be placed near some unit(suppose we just have to make the unit ON/OFF)
SO, i'l call the bot, it will detect the direction and come to me.. I'l command it to turn ON the unit.. It will detect the ON command , go back the same direction and near the unit and tell the unit to turn ON..
This will be done by simple LED-Photodiode config(like.. two flashes denote an ON command..like that)

So basically, my bot will convey my message to the unit..

Howz the idea? i feel its original..
please suggest some suitable title for this project..
Thanks.

Wow! thats actually kinda good!! Thanks..
Any more ideas that would describe that it uses "speech recognition + direction finding + communicating with other machine" in the title?

umm.. but this does not describe anything about the bot..
This is my final year project and i'l have to submit synopses n reports.. So i cant use this name...
Thankz anyways... Help appreciated...
Any more suitable titles please?

How about VICTOR.

Voice
Initiated
Control
Test
Operation
Robot

JimB

Whooohooo!! Awesom! Thanks..
but still need some more related to the operation..
More like a title of the project, not a name..

like voice controlled... direction sensing... machine operating robot.. this type..

All help appreciated guys... please keep replying..
Thanks a lot..

On the Application of Limited Artificial Intelligence to Auditory Control Algorithms in Robotics

Last edited:
How about this

Using audio commands via a smart robot to control distant peripherals.

One point though:

you said "My bot, will be placed near some unit(suppose we just have to make the unit ON/OFF)
SO, i'l call the bot, it will detect the direction and come to me.. I'l command it to turn ON the unit.. It will detect the ON command , go back the same direction and near the unit and tell the unit to turn ON.."

If you have to initially place the bot next to a unit then walk away, then call it to you and give it the command and it goes off....

Would it not be simpler to just turn the the unit on while your standing there with the bot in your hand ?

Last edited:
"Using audio commands via a smart robot to control distant peripherals."
That's Perfect!!! Thanks a lottttt!!!
and Thanks to u too, Radioron..
and for ur query,zipdogso,
"Would it not be simpler to just turn the the unit on while your standing there with the bot in your hand ?"

Well, no, the bot will be placed near the unit from the start itself.. Consider it like a lift-man. he's always in the lift right.. and we tell him which floor we would like to go..
My idea is, any user might come walking by, call the bot, tell it the instruction and walk away.. the bot will then go back to its original place and operate the unit..
This process can now be repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back